A treasure finds the perfect spot
Sometimes treasures collect you...
Last month at The Alameda Pointe Antiques & Collectibles Fair, this one wouldn't let me leave without it. I felt very guilty because it was more than I could afford but as hard as I tried I just couldn't walk away! The worst part was I had no idea where I would put it and knew I didn't need it. My friend patiently waited while I did my best to negotiate the price down and then fronted me the cash as I promised her I would never buy another boat again!
Well, last week, it found it's home.
The perfect spot.
The guilt is gone
(My two loves, coastal & chinoiserie)
and I'm wondering how I ever lived without it!


Comments
I must go down to the sea again ...
I am bummed I missed you yesterday... wasn't is packed with folks?
xo,
cristin
yvonne
i love the look.
x
who can improve on perfection?
xx
What a perfect little corner and love the look of the boat and your fabulous desk and chair.
Happy week
Carolyn
I love it!! and wish it were mine!! The colours are perfect in that corner!
Hope your weekend was fab!! xxx Julie
How does one keep the dust off?
Caron
xoxo Elizabeth
So glad that piece found you I too would have snag it right up. I would have then tried to remove some blue for my tone of decor and left some blue on it like the buffet in my kitchen with tha driftwood tone to the box, not distrubing anything else about its age.
For where you have it displayed it takes on a look of its own and it leaves me breathless.
I am really in wow of what you find, mixing that whole european feel to your villa home, like the ocean sides of France!
You have a piece to truly love, of course you do its in your home and anything that makes it into your home is worth loving!
xoxo
Dore
This reminds me a bit of my ship in bottle. I fortunately had it for free years ago, I took care and trained a racing horse, it took part in races in Hamburg, Germany. Ship in the bottle was a gift from Hamburg horse racing organization for all the trainers. It makes a great memory of my years working with horses.