Styling The Bar
I just love seeing a beautifully styled bar.
I've been longing to do one in my home for years and I don't even drink!
My friend Gina and I used to wax poetic about setting one up of our own when our kids were grown and out of the house.
This one belongs to my friends Eddie & Jaithan.
Because I'm not a drinker I really don't know the basics of setting up a bar and have been accused of choosing a wine based on it's label.
I have fond memories wandering the aisles of Bevmo admiring all the liquor bottle eye candy all the while making mental notes about which ones I would one day come back for.
I actually have several spots in my home that are just waiting to be transformed into cocktail central.
I even have this exact bar cart currently in my Dining Room. I also have collected a stash of fabulous crystal decanters.
What, you ask, am I waiting for?
Maybe I'm afraid that when my college age son comes home to visit he's going to ask me for a drink!
And then what am I going to do?
Empty nesting has really made me want to entertain more.
And I can't think of a better time to create a fabulous looking bar than during the holiday season.
It's all about the aesthetics for me but I'm sure my husband and guests would appreciate it.
There is so much inspiration in these gorgeous images to draw from.
I'm wondering how many of you have bars set up in your homes?
And do you use them or are they just for looks?
Do they tempt you to do the Mad Men thing and pour yourself a nightly cocktail?
Or do you wait for a special occasion?
I wanted to leave you with this photo I took of one of my favorite bar set ups which belongs to my friend Kevin who writes the blog, Hollywood Forever, Kevin.
It looks right out of a magazine.
He is the consummate host!



















Comments
Have fun tomorrow, it is killing me that I can't be there,xo Kathysue
Sharon
Never had one!
Someday....
xx Suzanne
PS Crystal decanters
might have to be
my next collection!
Yesterday was amazing and I'll get pictures up soon. Thought of you!
xoxo E
entertain but to be honest, I really don't know how to set up a bar except with pretty decanters and glasses. I really don't drink except for a little wine or champagne now and then so if someone asked me to make them a drink, I'd be lost! It's so embarrassing.
I like that you love wine bottles because of their labels! I like cigar boxes too! I know where to buy them for only $3!
xoxox
xo Cathy
I love the white bar with the built in cooler, and that rustic villa style one wow!!
I don't drink yet love the look and style as well, I will have a Virgin Screw driver :)
xoxo
Dore
Best wishes,
Natasha.
I am visiting from Vignette Design and have been browsing your archives. I love your style and I just became a follower.
Hugs,
Sherry
Love Kevin's bar...so chic and orderly. That's my bar, when I have one.
XO,
Jane
I find a bar makes peopel feel relaxed whether they drink or not. It's the beauty of the bottles, it's the quiet message of "I want you to enjoy yourself so if you want something it's right here just ask". How many times have you offered your company a drink and they say "Oh don't go to any trouble" With a bar they help themselves and love that they can make it the way they like it.
I think Kevin's bar is tops! Simple, no fuss, no muss yet very chic.
Great post! Just found you through Vigenetts and am now a follower!
Linda @ A Toile Tale
http://www.facebook.com/MarthasCircle?v=app_57675755167
xoxox,
Reich