Thanksgiving...
is a great word.
It's also a uniquely American Holiday.
I was so touched by my friend Sharon, of My French Country Home, who penned this sweet poem, she calls,
My ode to thanksgiving, or a holiday I can't join in with!
I wish we had a turkey day
to bring some festive cheer
I wish we had good reason
to bring our loved ones near
I wish we could shut out the cold
and warm our house right up
with friends, with kin, with family
invited in to sup
I want to dress my table
I want to light warm fires
I want to fill the house
with smells of roast meats, sweets and wines
I want to have soft music
I want to offer thanks
for our rich and happy living
with oh! such trivial wants
But traditions aren't invented
they come down through the times
they're in our blood. they can't be bought
like some expensive wine,
so I'm glad for friends so happy
to celebrate Thanksgiving,
and I'll wait my turn till Christmas
to light my Yuletide pudding!
I'm thankful for so many things... and as Sharon has reminded me, of the many new friends I have made not just from America but from all over the world!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!













Comments
XO,
Jane
This is a beautiful post! I want that leather chair!!! And yes, I must try to make it down to the Bay area to meet you in the New Year. ox` kerrie
Have a lovely holiday time! xo
Debra,
Happy Thanksgiving, Terri!
xo Elizabeth
Love Sharon's ode to this thoughtful holiday!! I too wish we had Thanksgiving here in Aus.. I may have to put aside some time to acknowledge what I am thankful for also...
Have a lovely week and holiday!! ciao xxx Julie
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family. Although we already celebrated our Thanksgiving in October, I have much to be thankful for in light of the past couple of weeks. Thanks for your loving comment. xo
Kim
yvonne
Sharon
xx
eyes, Terri! Thank you
for gathering all of these
delicious images of
Thanksgiving. Love them....
and you! Happy Thanksgiving.
xx Suzanne
PS: I saw S's poem on
her blog....so sweet!
Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Love, Donna
xo
Eddie + Jaithan