My Next Project is...
To hang and arrange all the stuff I've been collecting for my son's new and improved bedroom/guest room!
I'm calling it "Explorer Style "
It's a total mess right now because I'm in the throes of the creative process trying to figure out what goes where... on the walls that is.
I'm thinking butterfly and shell specimens around the window wall and lanterns.
Ship paintings and antlers on the wall at the head of the bed,
and portraits on the wall adjacent to the closet.
I think I'll let the map stand alone.
I've been thinking about the placement of these treasures for a while now and I think it's time to commit.
I've been collecting vintage cash boxes in homage to my son's career choice in finance.
I love the global, traveled feel of the John Robshaw duvet and dhurrie rug.
I'm considering hanging the boat skeleton above the bed if it's not too much.
I have to tell myself to edit, edit, edit!
Whatever I don't use can go to the new shop!
As you can see I have a lot of inspiration...
Wish me luck and stay tuned for the big reveal!














Comments
Still love that map. Hope the shop is coming along nicely!
You find the most amazing things on your buying expeditions!
Love the navy touches, the mirror the striped pillow, etc.The bank boxes are great!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
I love that he doesn't mind how you decorate it! So did you help decorate his college pad?
Meg
http://1funkywoman.blogspot.com
xoxo Elizabeth
I'm so glad you are keeping the map. I love it!
When can I come see your new shop!
Angela and Renee
Warm hugs,
Mon
I was expecting to see a comment left from Chris (your son) asking you what are you doing in his room :)
Terri I yelled for Hannah and said do you want to see Chris' room??? She laughed at me and then said why not!!
Tell Chris Hannah was in his room!! :)
Keep us posted on the re-do!
xoxo
Dore & Hannah
I love your posts. I have been by a couple of times and now I am one of your followers.....don't want to miss out on anything anymore!
What a collection you have acumilated for your son Chris! One of my favorite places in the whole world is S.F, the other Paris.
Can't wait to see the room finished.
Mary Anne ox
Jermaine
Thank you!!
I mentioned you to the owner at Juxtaposition this afternoon (what a talented blogger you are).
Does you son HATE it that you are calling it his/guest room? My daughter still gets mad even though she lives in NYC. Can't wait for the redesign of the room!
I have a 17 y.o. son and I've done his room similar...I call it the Hemingway room.
I love the bedding you have and the rug and stuffed bench...not to mention all the kind of Ralph Lauren-y things.
x
Melissah
be loved so much!
It's going to be
really something
when it's done.
Here's to explorers
and high finance : )!
xx Suzanne