Our Hometown Parade
The local police always start if off.
Alameda was a military base back in the day.
Home to The Alameda Naval Air Station.
We are a Navy town with deep military roots.
Our son Chris and his friend Morgan both just graduated and are getting ready to go off to college soon!
This is the view down Grand Street...
We recently had our gorgeous downtown movie theater restored to it's original splendor. This float pays homage to it.
My people
Our son Chris and his friend Matthew.
My favorite twins, Nicholas & Elizabeth
We heard fabulous music...
and cheered our wonderful Veterans!
Classic attire... red, white & blue!
I always love this image.
Good friends Henry & Jennifer
We had baton twirlers
and all sizes of dogs!
Miss Liberty
caught smooching Uncle Sam!
My Mom loves this parade... she's a real hometown girl!
Meet my friend Lisa and her husband Dan whose beautiful home I recently posted about.
Loads of spirit...
and a pooped pooch!
ZZ Top made an appearance
along with some go-go dancers.
We are nearing the end of the 135 entrants.
Here comes the street sweeper which means
it's all over but the memories...
Time to pack it up and get ready for the BBQ's!
We rode our decorated tandem back home by way of the beach.
We live just across the water there.
Whew, that was fun!
I hope you enjoyed our Hometown Parade.
Enjoy the day & the fireworks!!!!!
Happy 4th of July






















































































Comments
XO
Happy 4th!!!!
Sharon
oh btw, your mom is a striking beauty
Thank you for sharing!
It looks like a movie! I love it!
Great parade, I'm wowed!
Fra
xx
pve
Love, Mon