A Dream Project
Remember this cool address from my previous post,
Well, it belongs to this house.
You are probably wondering what makes this house so exciting.
has recently undergone a complete renovation from top to bottom by a "green" contractor, (more on that later)
and that my friend Lisa, the interior designer whose home I recently did a series of posts on, has been hired by the new owner to decorate it.
What makes all of that incredibly exciting for me is...
I am Lisa's "go to" source for those one of a kind pieces and accessories that bring a design scheme to life.
The owner has graciously agreed to let us document the design evolution of his charming abode.
This is the backyard...
which came with a "ready to harvest" vegetable garden!
Now that is a forward thinking contractor. That would have sealed the deal for me!
I love how they've used this old cement utility sink as an herb planter. I imagine it probably came from the basement.
Let's go inside shall we?
The small, yet formal entry.
The WOW
Looking back from the main living space to the entry.
The gorgeous Dining Room
Does it get any better?
Let's go into the kitchen...
Complete with vintage stove, period cabinets, linoleum floor, modern "green" sustainable bamboo counter tops with green glass subway tile back splash.
Immediately beyond the kitchen lies a space for an eating nook with built in benches. Off to the left (which you can't see in this photo) is a matching built-in cabinet to house the washer & dryer. The french door leads to the backyard.
Lisa plans to add a round table and custom cushions to this lovely nook.
There are 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.
OK, I'm smitten... how about you?
I adore absolutely everything about this house, most of all it's size and floor plan. I can't wait to begin this project with Lisa. This house and my treasures are a match made in heaven! I hope you'll follow along with us as we make this house into a home... room by room!
Check out the progress over at Il Tuo Tesoro.



L






















Comments
cool serene blue..
cant wait to see the outcome..
It's gotta be superb..and ..
FUN!
warm sandy hugs..
Loui♥
I'm so looking forward to watching you two do this up.
Sharon
Have lots of fun !
:-)
What am I going to do if you make this home even more cooler than our own home? ....lol...can't wait to see it. You and Lisa will create something remarkable I am sure.
Love,
Chris
You'd better be getting the camera ready for round two ... the afters!
Thank you for sharing & reminding me to hang on to that dream! :)
you to work your magic with
Lisa, Terri! I love the
more modern fixtures mixed
with the classic elements
of this little jewel of a
home. Can't wait to see what
you add....!
xx Suzanne