A Perfect Day
is when you get to spend it with one of your best bloggy friends who for me happens to be Kathysue of Good Life of Design!
I first met her just over a year ago when Eddie Ross and Jaithan Kocher came to town to give one of their flea market tours of The Alameda Pointe Antiques & Collectibles Fair.
I felt an immediate connection to her, can you blame me... just look at her sweet face!
We developed a fast friendship which has grown deeper through our mutual passion for blogging, among other things.
So, yesterday I took the 45 minute trip out her direction to spend the day with her and finally see her lovely home in person!
Believe me when I tell you that it is always so much better in real life... photos, unless professional, can never do it justice.
This is the first room you see as you enter her home.
I thought I had a good picture in my mind of what her home looked like, but I was surprised at how different it actually was.
As lovely as this room is...
it is not the heart of the home.
Follow me...
into the heart and soul of Kathysue's home.
As Nate would say... it rises up to greet you!
Across the entry from her gracious living room, you enter into this "great room" of sorts which is comprised of the charming kitchen to the left and delightful dining room to the right with the grand family room straight ahead set off by the expansive fireplace with it's antique over mantle providing the dramatic focal point for this beautiful living space.
I'm standing with my back to the fireplace looking back towards the kitchen and dining room with the entry in the background. (With all the excitement I forgot to take a photo of the fireplace!)
This lovely vignette is adjacent to the kitchen bar and provides a handy little work space for Kathysue. I was smitten with the beautiful antique desk which I discovered she's had since she was a little girl and has the names of boys she had crushes on scrawled underneath!!
This is where you'll find Kathysue most of the time... curled up in her favorite chair.
If you follow her blog, you know she likes to change things up on her mantle according to the seasons.
Before I end my little tour I must show you her stunning powder room.
Here we are back in the entry.
I have to say what impresses me most about Kathysue's beautiful home is the feeling it evokes...
you really get a sense of the lovely lady who lives here!
Thank you Kathysue for being such a gracious hostess and a wonderful friend. I had so much fun!

























Comments
My best,
Tricia
Mr. Goodwill Hunting
We all need a get together soon!
xo Cathy
I want a perfect day with you, too!!!!
xo Elizabeth
donna
hugs,
Sherry
to brighten your day....
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
into KS's home...
It's warm and lovely,
just like she is,
and I hope to meet
her someday, too!
xx Suzanne
Miss you two!
xo
E + J
xo~
T