Thank you Bella Notte
For our new bed!
After buying 2 sets of linen sheets, one in white and one in natural...
we set our sights on finding a duvet, dust ruffle and shams.
My husband and I each picked out a duvet.
I picked the gray ruffled one and he chose the simple taupe coverlet.
Fortunately we were of the same mind as both colors are found through-out our home and bedroom.
Here is a close-up of the silk dust ruffle in the most gorgeous saturated greeny gray. Next is the taupe coverlet which is woven on one side and linen on the other. It is actually a duvet but it was suggested that we use it as a coverlet and stuff our down comforter into the gray ruffled duvet and place it at the end of the bed.
This is a photo of a section of the large hand-painted asian mural which hangs above our dresser. It shows how gorgeous gray & taupe look next to each other.
At first I thought the bed felt a bit dark...
but with the new white linens, straw colored raffia wallpaper, natural raw hide of our McGuire rattan bed and the light colored carpeting, the bed really becomes the focal point in the room!
A close-up of both sides of the coverlet with its lovely pearl buttons.
I forgot I had these antique hand monogrammed linen pillow cases. I've laundered and pressed them and now can't wait to use them!
When my mom saw my new linens, she said, "aren't you going to iron them?"
I said, "no".
But then again, now that she has that new mangle...
maybe I will!
At the Alameda Point last Sunday, I met a French woman while looking at some antique bed linens and she shared a secret with me...
She said when they turn back the sheet to show the monogram, they spray it with water and a few drops of lavender and then smooth it and pull it tight.
Not only does it look freshly pressed but it smells heavenly!
I tried it and she's right!
A set of hand-painted chinoiserie pigskin boxes.
Did I mention that all apparel at the Bella Notte sale was $10? I got this pair of silk & rayon pajama bottoms. I love the color!
My sweet boy!
I have to tell you that sleeping on these 100% linen sheets has been life changing for my husband and I. We can't wait to go to bed at night and don't want to get out of it in the morning!
My husband says he's never felt anything so good.
He's never too hot or too cold. It breathes beautifully and feels so good to the touch.
We are thrilled with our new bed!
We've never had it sooo good!
I'll see you at the next sale!!
Today is the last day to enter to win a fabulous dress from Shabby Apple. Winner will be announced tomorrow!
Mother's Day Treasure just listed at
IL TUO TESORO.






















Comments
You made me giggle!
Thankfully I don't have a laptop!!
Sleep well!
xoxo Elizabeth
I miss youuu!
Trinidad
( You are BEYOND sweet to say you'll look at your stores for me.. you don't have to do that! I may have found a back up pair..now if you're there ( and not on purpose! ) have a peek for me ;) xoxo
http://www.etsy.com/shop/FrenchCuriosites
xoxo
Interesting approach.