Fresh California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Nestled in the Carneros region of the Sonoma Valley is the original and the most highly awarded California Olive Oil producer.
The Olive Press was created in 1995 by Ed Stolman and Deborah Rogers, both California olive growers and producers who were inspired by the olive pressing facilities of Italy and Southern France.
Dedicated to making only the finest Award-Winning, Fresh California Extra Virgin Olive Oil, they constructed a completely unique facility designed to produce not only the best local Extra Virgin Olive Oil but also meet the custom pressing needs of commercial producers, growers with small harvests, and hobbyists wishing to create "estate" olive oil from home grown olives.
Their Extra Virgin Olive Oils are offered for complimentary tasting, along with a variety of vinegars, tapenades, cured olives and other fine artisan products.
They have tasting rooms here in Sonoma and also in Napa.
Our friends have a beautiful home here in the Sonoma Valley and have brought their olives here to be pressed.
My friend Debbie and I stopped here on the way home so she could show me this beautiful place.
She said that many weddings take place here.
I can see why!
After strolling the grounds and taking in the views...
we headed to the tasting room
where I chose a bottle of Jalapeno Olive Oil.
With just a kiss of heat from fresh Jalapeno's crushed with Mission olives, makes this one of our favorites to dip bread. Drizzle over salmon, chicken or steak. Delicious & simple brushed on summer corn on the cob.
I was told to drizzle it over fresh avocados which I did as soon as I got home!
I made a very good choice :)











Comments
I must have a visit to this place :)
xo
Caroline
May your weekend glow in sunshine
Helen Tilston
All the best, Katie from
www.westiejulep.blogspot.com
The is a wonderful place for olive oil tastings not far from my home.
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/