Garage Sale Season!
There were a lot of garage sales going on over the weekend...
Most were not even worth getting out of the car for.
This one happened to catch my Mom's eye as we drove by on our way to grab some breakfast.
Believe it or not my favorite kinds of garage sales are literally in the garage!
And this garage was nothing short of awesome!
It was sort of a pre-estate sale as the owner's husband passed away recently and she is getting the house ready to sell and move back to be near her family in the Pacific Northwest.
She hired a friend to help her liquidate the contents of her husband's beloved workshop.
I couldn't help but notice how strong and positive she was during the sale. She knew so much about the things her husband and his father before him had collected and used for over 2 generations.
They were craftsmen.
She told me that when her husband would pick up a particular tool he would refer to his father and the memories of the things he had taught him.
It was obvious that he cherished this place.
I felt his energy and his passion...
so much so that I didn't want to leave.
His workshop felt sacred to me.
I just kept walking around and around trying to take in all the tools, hardware, materials and projects that were displayed and organized so beautifully.
Even the boxes and containers to hold all the assorted tools of the trade were custom built to their exact specifications.
His wife, Tory, told me that she wished he could have seen how much people loved & appreciated his space and the lifetime(s) it took to collect and curate it. I remarked that he was taking it all in from heaven and I truly believe that he was!
Fortunately for me, even though I was late to the sale...
I still found some wonderful treasures like these 2 handmade boxes,
this wonderful ship skeleton crafted entirely by hand by his father and
this gorgeous thick slab of redwood which will make the perfect cutting board for my husband on Father's Day!
Oh... and something I've always wanted,
a jigsaw! My dreams of a custom headboard are looking real good right now :)
I had to come back to pick up this wonderful wall mounted cabinet that he his father made to hold various sizes of finishing nails, upholstery tacks and other bits and pieces.
It has 63 small wooden drawers.
7 rows with 9 across!
My mind is awash with possibilities.
Did you go to any good garage sales over the weekend?
New treasure just listed at
IL TUO TESORO.

















Comments
What a great find.
Susan
Sharon
xx
Love that wall of cubbies you bought. Where oh where will you put that? I want a jig saw too!
Love all that your found, Terri!
xoxo elizabeth
Megan
xoxo
I,too, am curious how you will incorporate the tool bin wall into your own space.