Maritime Treasures
This post is for Rita and her "Dearly Beloved".
This ship was built by one his Grandfathers who was a ship's carpenter.
I recently had the pleasure of spending a lovely afternoon with a dear friend who shares my passion for all things nautical. These are photos of some of his most cherished possessions, many of which were passed down to him by his Grandfathers. The last 2 photos are of the antique microscope that one of his Grandfathers used to study the diseases of oysters.












Comments
What a special tribute to your friend and his Grandfathers. Vintage nautical has so much precious soul. This post is a treat for me because I share this love.
XO
... I somehow deleted the email with your phone# ...I want to chat really bad!!
iamemmamusic.blogspot.com
Obviously this week has been CRAZY, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. How about next week? :D
What a sweetheart to dedicate this post to me and my DB "Dearly Beloved." These are such grand nautical treasures. That tall ship is so detailed it looks huge. The mirror and matching frame are extraordinary; and I think I know right where I would put them. I like the skiff,little blue sailboat bottle and shackles too.
Thank you so much for thinking of me. I'm tempted to wake DB right now.
XO XO
Rita
Love all the photos, especially the one with her beloved? framed in the mirror.
Joanny
thanks for asking it was a piece I did years ago in a college art class- a quick sketch taken from a garden book or magazine? -- Some one actually liked it and asked me for it -- as it was going out the door, my former partner snapped a close up with all its imperfections.
P.S. you are now part of my blog roll side bar :-)
xoxoBardotinBlue
I know close to nothing about boats (I am a city land crab) but I sure can appreciate them. And so many of these old objects are so decorative. Object no. 2, 9, 11 and 14 can move in with me any time!
Thank your for sharing these treasures! And enjoy your weekend.
Hug, Mon
http://www.splendidwillow.com
Karena