Thrifting in the Desert
Thrifting with Eddie and Jaithan is quite an experience!
Eddie's razor sharp focus and ability to zero in on a treasure is seriously amazing.
I thought I was good until I spent several hours thrift store hopping with him.
I gave up after a while content to scoop up his cast-offs... the things he wasn't willing to schlep home with him on the plane.
He and Jaithan seriously considered this table for Jaithan's parents home in San Diego but in the end decided against it.
I was amazed at how thoroughly Eddie would check out the merchandise.
He encouraged me to buy this cool piece which he said would be fabulous mounted above a bed with fabric draping from it.
I mostly followed Eddie around while Jaithan, who has the patience of Job, would wander off to tweet or check out the vintage clothing.
He told me this lamp would be great painted all one color. Later we saw one just as he had envisioned it, complete with a hefty price tag!
I thought this set of vintage brass legs were nice.
We hit up 5 or 6 individual thrift stores in this thrift store mall in Palm Desert before heading out in search of more.
We stumbled upon a garage sale in Rancho Mirage.
The setting was beautiful but I think we were a bit late to the party and left empty-handed.
These vintage garden chairs were intriguing
as was this old sign.
We jumped back into the car and headed to Palm Springs to check out "The Estate Sale Company."
E+J had heard a lot about this place and were anxious to see what they had.
Right away Mr. Ross was on the prowl.
This rug stopped him in his tracks and he called Jaithan over to seek his opinion.
Inside the first of several buildings...
which was filled with the unique and unusual pieces Palm Springs is known for.
Eddie said he'd ditch the chairs of this Dining Room set and use the table as a desk.
He loved this pair of brass lamps.
On our way to the second building we passed by some outdoor furniture and this aviary housing doves.
Eddie made sure he saw it all!
He even found a friendly armadillo.
The best deal was this chandelier.
The price was just over $300! The photo does not do it justice... it was stunning!
Of course no shopping trip would be complete without an appearance by La Dolfina!































Comments
Glorious weekend to you Terri!
AND, that dove! I LOVE that photo Terri!
hugs! Noel
Thanks for letting me tag along for another shopping trip. It is interesting to see how others look at things. I would have scooped up a few of those items...Love the dove photo.
Catherine
xoxo
E +J
I Will have a facsinating interview up on my site tomorrow, come visit.
Karena
Art by Karena
Hope you have a wonderful week! :)
What a treat!
pve