Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Faire
A gorgeous May day at The Alameda Point Antiques & Collectibles Fair
It was one of the longest lines I've ever seen at 9am.
There's an ATM at the entrance just in case!
My first stop is always at Coco's, just to the right as you enter.
She and her brother are French and import all their treasures directly from France.
Their space is not to be missed...
I've scored many a fine treasure from them over the years!
My 2nd stop is always at Jana's.
She is from the Sacramento area and always wows me with her eclectic offerings.
I'll never forget the time I bought a real stuffed turtle (taxidermy) in a cage from her.
You should have seen the faces and heard the comments as I carried it to my car!
I always stop to admire the vintage linens.
I was so busy taking photos that I forgot to pick myself up one of these adorable French Bird Shot Bags!
I always make sure to stop and say Hello to George who I recently realized looks a lot like Jack Nicholson!
His space is always packed with people searching through his enticing collections for their initial, address number, or something sentimental and meaningful.
He has lots of ephemera too!
I recently discovered a new favorite dealer by the name of Marilyn. She usually brings something I can't live without... this time it was these frosty bottle stoppers that reminded me of sea glass!
Then there is Pat.
She knows how to set up her wares for maximum impact!
I bought my gigantic coral colored seashell from her a few months back when I was selling. As we drove in at 6am to set up I couldn't help but notice her amazing display and jumped out of the car to snag my prize! I also scored my wonderful champagne & tuaca bottles from her!
No... this is not the Olympic Champion Snowboarder Shaun White, but rather the adorable son of none other than LISA GOLIGHTLY!
Which brings us to The House of Golightly!
As you might imagine... the lovely Lisa's space is a vision.
Uh oh... I forgot to pick up more of her strawberry malt balls!
I can get so distracted at The Point!
I love the way she sets up her space... she is SO talented. She makes and paints most of her items and then finds great things to throw in the mix. I cruised by several times and it was always crowded.
Let's just say... INCREDIBLE STUFF!
Some of you may recognize Atelier de Campagne from Trouvais' recent posts about their latest container sale.
My friend Clinton re-purposes old tires into amazing things like planters, mirrors, dog beds and fountains!
Next door to Clinton are The Tattered Girls who have a shop in the Sacramento/Roseville area that I'm dying to check out!
These girls know how to have fun! They just returned from Nipomo near San Luis Obispo where they were vendors at a fabulous Barn Sale last weekend.
Shane doesn't mess around...
he pulls out all the stops!!
Every month without fail... he wows the crowd with his spectacular displays!
Now it's my husband that needs a new/old bike! He loved this one but the frame was too small.
Check out this shopper!
She was looking for one to match her hat!
I brought these home with me. I figure since there are 15 they would be perfect for appetizers!
So long... see you next month!































































Comments
Wasn't it the most crowded Alameda ever? When I was leaving to go home at 11:00 am, the parking lot was completely full. People must have walked over a mile just to get into the faire. There were droves of people coming from God knows where walking into the lot! With that heat I would of passed out before entering the show..
Hey, you should think of becoming a personal shopper for those of us on the other side of the country!!! Great post...thanks for sharing!!! Beth
Hope you are having a great day!
wow, you have inspired me to give a long hard look and decide how long it would take to drive from chicago to alameda, with a big trailer!
thank you
debra
Tattered girl, Erika, The Tattered House
xo,
cristin
Theresa
KathySue - I love those trophy cups too! How did I miss those? I've been searching for trophy cups for months. I'm sooo bummed I missed that darn it!
XO
missn ya girl ... we need a good long chat ...
Any interest in being a personal shopper for me at Almeda? Bottle stoppers, bird shot bags, brass tags, some of those tall trophy cups, chandeliers and that french wash stand, plaques, urns...I wouldn't want to leave the place
XO
Rita
-Rachel
Just thought I'd let you know I'm having my first giveaway! Come comment for a chance to win! xoxo Erica
http://moth-design.blogspot.com/2010/05/moths-first-giveaway.html
http://everythingcoastal.blogspot.com/2010/04/beach-cottage-shopping-join-me-at.html
So funny!
Caron
^_^
I love my tire, my husband asked if we were joining a HeeHaw reality show.
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a note. I love connecting with new people. Rita
-SF
Loved so many of the photos... The French Bird Shot Bags remind of us the coin bags we bought in Cape Cod few years ago. I filled them and we have them as small pillows on our bed.
Xoxoxoxox - Sandy, The Tattered House