I'm longing for...
a new bicycle
or an old one.
A vintage one would be swell
especially one with a basket to hold flowers and produce from the farmer's market.
My husband and I bought a bicycle built for two last summer. We found a classic white vintage Columbia beach cruiser at The Alameda Pointe for $60.
It took us awhile to get in sync with each other but we found our groove after lots of back & forth communication.
It's a completely different experience riding a tandem but it's a total blast if you can get used to people looking at you. I don't know why but there is something about seeing 2 people on a bicycle that elicits lots of stares.
(Image courtesy of Victoria Pearson)
I'm thinking today is the perfect day to dust it off and take it for a spin.
But now that garage sale season is upon us...
I'm going to be looking for a bicycle of my own.
(Image via Daily Vitamin C)
Although I love these...
(Image via Daily Vitamin C)
I would prefer this!
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
Don't forget to enter my Giveaway if you haven't yet.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
Don't forget to enter my Giveaway if you haven't yet.
(My sincerest apologies for not having several of the images credited. I haven't figured out how to find the source when I save them to my files. If anyone can help me with this I would be eternally grateful!)












Comments
xx P&H
Kristin :)
I have been walking a lot though, so I'm with you in spirit.
I can just picture you on your fabulous yellow bicycle radiating sunshine wherever you go :)
xx
Happy weekend to you!~~Becky
xo Noel
hope you have a beautiful weekend. xoxo
XO
Fortunately biking routes are quite good here in Helsinki and I can easily bike from my house to city centre in twenty minutes. In the summer I constantly also do that.
Go and buy a bike of your own, biking is fun!
Smiles, Karen
Today I went to an auction and am now the proud owner of a vintage beach bike it's blue ...complete with an old fashioned bell and a basket that is very rust.
Mind you I own a bike that has been used 4 times in over 10 years! It's called a Robin Hood made in England and needs a little TLC but it was too cool to pass up.
Melissa
I've only ridden one once; as I recall, it takes a great deal of trust and faith, to get past that moment where you're convinced you're going to topple over together.
Caron
marija