Rock On!
Inspired by The Zhush's recent post, Rock On, I wanted to share this amazing "Bowl of Agates" that my good friend Ron Morgan of LOOT created.
Recently while in Chinatown I came across these magnificent mushrooms.
I had just had Dim Sum with my lovely neighbor, Helen, who I have dubbed, "The Queen of Chinatown." She was giving me a tour of her favorite shops when I spied these organic beauties. She was so surprised at how taken I was with them. They use them in their cooking, but I saw them as organic art... my favorite kind.
I usually keep the bowl of agates on the nightstand in our bedroom...
but last week at The Goodwill I found this beautiful Asian art piece that complements it so well.
I found the dresser several years ago at The Salvation Army. I added the hardware and raised it up with a toe kick upholstered in black leather.
While moving it my husband found an envelope behind one of the drawers that was filled with old letters written in the ancient Russian language, Cyrillic.
I love the naive quality and elegantly subdued colors of this piece. It is handpainted on wood and signed by the artist.









Comments
xo,
cristin
and the posts..
but what about the letters..
written in Russian?
I know.. curiosity....
hugs and smiles,,
Loui♥
A stunning collection, bedroom, art + letters.. have you had them translated? How fun! xx
Lovely post terri. Much love Xo
xx P&H
Best,
Marcie