Keeping Hens
Delicious fresh eggs and lots of fun too!
The owner of the shop is Elizabeth, known as "La Contessa".
Last week she invited my Mom and I over for pink champagne in her garden.
I had never been to her home but I imagined it would be pretty amazing based on her fabulous shop, Hen House.
Let's just say... " pretty amazing" doesn't begin to cover it!
It's so darn fabulous that pictures can hardly do it justice,
but you know me...
I did my best!
I thought I'd begin the tour with the hen house in her back garden. As you can see, it's no ordinary hen house. It has a chandelier, a chaise lounge and a french style niche complete with mirror for preening.
There's La Contessa who I'll properly introduce you to tomorrow!
I thought I'd begin the tour with the hen house in her back garden. As you can see, it's no ordinary hen house. It has a chandelier, a chaise lounge and a french style niche complete with mirror for preening.
There's La Contessa who I'll properly introduce you to tomorrow!








Comments
Melissa
PS
I promise to show more of the house! : ) I talked to E&J about hosting a bloggers brunch the next time they're on this coast! You'll definitely have to make a trip down if it actually happens!!! It would be so nice to put a face (more than a profile pic : ) with a blog!
kathi
Love, Mon
I just laughed out loud visualizing you doing the chicken dance :)
XO
I love that the hens live in such style! I was like "is that a chandelier in the hen house?!" lol
Growing up, I would spend summers in a little town in Mexico with my mom's family, and one summer I bought two little chicks that went with me everywhere. I had to leave them with my grandpa when I came back home, but I made him promise me he wouldn't eat my chicks when they grew up!
hope you had a great weekend love.
yvonne
the ultimate "where women create"
Catherine